Monday, May 25, 2009

Finally Square with the Quilting Squares

About five years ago I started meeting with a women to help another lady learn to quilt. We meet for just one year. We had lots of fun sewing, gabbing and just being together. Some weeks other women joined us, but it was the three of us that made the full year. The quilt we were each making had twelve squares. At the year's end, I had only six squares finished. These six squares have been just hanging around, waiting to be made into that bed quilt. They came with us from Terre Haute, Indiana.


I have another purpose for them now. I'm sharing them with my six daughters. I started to do that last year, but couldn't decide how to display them. This year I found hangers with a star at the top. It was perfect. You see each of my 6 daughters (Lonita is included) are stars in my world. They are the new generation and each is doing great! They are wives and mothers. Each is different and doing her own thing. I'm so pleased with them. They are my Stars. I love all 6 of you girls. Keep up the good work.


The hard part was deciding who gets which square. The BIG decision has been made. Now, each girl will receive one of the squares. You can guess which one is yours, but I bet you will be surprised.





7 comments:

  1. Oh how fun. I can't even imagine which one will be mine. I'll just wait for it's amazing arrival, just like the little girl that will be arriving all too soon in our family. You are the shining star in my life. You are such a wonderful example of everything a mother should be, thanks for being my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Sally said!! I love you mom, and now you made me go and cry:) You are a wonderful mom and have taught me so much, and still do! I love being your daughter and now that we are older, I love being your sister and friend!! I love you mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now I'm crying at work too! Good thing everyone else is out to lunch. You are the best example and I love you a ton. Can't wait to see what quilt square I get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you go again, pulling at our heart strings! I love you so much. We all do. Every day I appreciate all you've done for me and for our family. Thanks, we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for making me a part of your family - it's so great to have such a wonderful mother-in-law and sisters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, Donna, Jeni, and Krissie should be getting theirs this weekend. Let us know which ones you got, and then Lonita, Sally and I can guess with only three left:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got the ones with the stars! It brightens my morming when I see it hanging in the kitchen. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete