Friday, June 5, 2009

The things heard while exercising

Today while exercising at Curves I heard some interesting tidbits.

1. Today is National Doughnut Day! and you get a free doughnut at a doughnut shop.
That would have been good to know this morning instead of 2:30 p.m. Instead, I made homemade (from a box mix) pancakes on my new griddle for Dan and myself. The griddle is round to fit a burner on the stove. The griddle has seven 2-inch wide depressions with various cute insects. See the photo for a more visible description. This way you have an insect on your little pancake. It tastes better than it sounds. Kids would like it. The trick is to turn the pancake over into the same spot. Most of them made the turn this morning.

2. A lady is going to the Melting Pot tomorrow evening and then to The Lion King show on the strip. That should be a fun evening.

3. There is a new store in town like the melting pot. It is called "White Mountain."

We all must have been hungry. The conversation usually doesn't revolve around food.

After coming home from a mini vacation last weekend, I don't need the Melting Pot. I just need the melting part. It didn't help that Dan and I went out for pizza for lunch. Oh, well. It was good.

5 comments:

  1. And they were surely GOOD pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I bought one of those griddles too. The kids love it! Maybe we should bring them to our family reunion. We can have one morning of buggy pancakes! That could be a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! We are going to the Melting Pot with Mike and Allison on the 15th! I am excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the melting pot. It's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete