Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Greetings

This has been a very special day. I have talked to all my children in the last few days, in which they have wished me a Happy Mother's Day. I have had a great day. Recently Dan and I have begun spending several days celebrating specials days. Its been fun.

For Christmas we were in Iowa and presents and good wishes came for at least a week . We opened cards from friends before our trip and after the trip.

Before Valentines Day, Suzanne was here and we worked at having fun for at least a week. It wasn't hard. We had chocolate candy and heart cookies here for a week. I love making cookies, and it was so fun with a daughter.

For Dan's birthday we had fun in California celebrating the McLeans' birthdays. Then when we got home to Nevada it was Dan's birthday and we celebrated it again.

Now for Mother's Day, Dan and I have had fun together for several days. Being the end of the school year, we had time to go to two movies, a party Friday night and now Mom's day. The fun keep going on.


The real message is: Family is what makes it all worth while. Whether we are together physically, on the phone, or in thought, we all love and care about each other. We are a FAMILY. And each one of us knows it with all our heart. We seek and depend upon each other for strength in times of need and we celebrate with each other in times of joy. We have grown into this little by little. It reminds me of when we would say our family prayer together and told each other we loved them by name. Even if you were mad at your brother or sister at that moment, you got over it and said you loved them. What a unity we began. Yea, for Families. Yea, for the McLean's. May this unity be passed down to each generation.

2 comments:

  1. Oh mom, that's so sweet. I hadn't teared up today yet, but a nice sentimental message like that and it's all over. I love you so much and the kids wanted to know who everyone in the photos were. So fun to put up old photos. Plus, I can't believe how much Alyssa has grown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the message mom. It made me feel better as did the chocolate brownies I made last night. Sorry I didn't call but I was exhausted from Church - it was especially long and painful yesterday. But once I had a nap we played in the backyard and had a blast. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete