Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mom does the Unthinkable

I've been thinking of buying some new hand towels for our bathroom lately. What started it was some new towels we bought for the guest bathroom. I found I really liked the feel, but they were for the other bathroom. I kept sneaking the bath towels into our bathroom. But, then I started sneaking the hand towels also into our bathroom. There was something different about them. The new towels were soft! I wanted soft towels too. Plus, Donna's towels in her hall closest always look so fluffy and soft and just begging you to pull them out and use them.

But the old towels didn't have any holes and they were still the color as at first use. They weren't worn out! Darn those old towels. What was I to do. I couldn't get new ones, not till the old ones wore out. Habit said you didn't get new towels till the old ones were thread bare. Isn't that the law??

Well, I took a leap this morning and bought 5 (count them) 5 new, fluffy, and soft hand towels at our favorite store, Target. Some good points: they were on sale (only one dollar off), they were extremely soft, they felt just-right. Before I could change my mind: I Bought Them. This was so fun. I spent at least twenty minutes picking the colors. It was hard to decide whether to get all the same color or all different colors. I decided on getting different colors.

They are washed, dried, and put into the towel basket waiting to be used. I'm so excited. Out goes the old-habit theory for towels. I'm all for soft. Excuse me, I think I need to go wash and DRY my hands.

5 comments:

  1. And here I thought she was "working out" - physically at least. She was, but she was also thinking. She was so proud of herself. I always thought if you had Levis or socks, why use a hand towel, but I guess I'm learning otherwise. Also, I can't get my hands "too" dirty. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Joann! I love getting new towels too - there's something about their fluffiness! So...where did the old towels go???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job mom!! I am really proud of you:) Can't wait to see then in a couple of weeks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Mom and new hand towels. When David and I moved into our newest house and we had finished cleaning the old house, we were leaving the old house at 10pm and we didn't know where a single towel was. So we went to Wal-Mart (target was closed) and bought 2 new towels and a hand towel. I love them for being so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you told that story, I thought of your fiesta ware in the cupboard. Do they match?

    ReplyDelete