Sunday, February 15, 2009

Seeing RED and liking it!

I love the color of red. I know, most of the family knows this. But the first serving of RED strawberries is the BEST. They may be a little tart, but sugar fixes that. Either you like strawberries (I do) or you don't (Dan doesn't). That only means "More for me", I don't make him eat them. That is a win-win situation. The only thing better is red strawberries in a red bowl! I had my first bowl of strawberries the beginning of February. Wonderful! 
My father loved strawberries also. When the season started in California, we had strawberries almost every night for dessert, as long as the season lasted. I don't remember loving them as much as I do now. Just too long ago. 

I have had at lest two red winter coats, and loved them. But, I also love my red Honda CRV, red fiesta dish wear, red sweaters, red blouses, watermelon, red quilting fabric (it is a basic color for me), red drinking glasses, red purses, red candy boxes (full of course), and red roosters and hens. I truly see red every day and I love it. How about you?

4 comments:

  1. I have it on good authority Grandma does NOT like RED-eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous - we don't have any good strawberries here yet. Tim loves red, too. In fact, he still talks longingly about "Red", an old kitchen rug that I banished to the basement after informing him it did not coordinate with our bathroom decor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are these red candy boxes, I don't remember them. Looks yummy. I can't believe you're already into spring. Spring will peak it's head out here and then disappear for a few more freezing days. It will all end sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had our first serving of yummy red strawberries for the super bowl and with the leftovers I made strawberry and blueberry cobbler. Yummy! I love the red things in my kitchen also!

    ReplyDelete