Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blogging

Blogging is more NEW technology for me. Now, you have to understand, I'm a simple, non-aggressive person. I was born before televisions were even invented. At first, TVs were black and white, can you believe that. Now we have beautiful color, and we are surprised when we see black and white. Now we have Big Screen TVs. I was in college when I took a computer programming class with a hugh computer machine in one room. We used cards about 9x4 inches that had punches. Now our computers are so little, so advanced and are connected to screens, so we can instantly see what we write ( plus we have pictures and lots of ads). And we have e-mail, flickr accounts, church sites, plus we can go to college on our computers. We are planning our vacation on line and talking to each other about it. Oh, did I mention, hubby and I saw the first step on the moon on our TV. We were in our front room, the first year we were married. Oh, what history, what advances in the world, and what wonderful improvements in our world. 
But, you want me to Blog? Well, I'm going to give it a try, even though I'm in my 6th decade. This is the start. (If my daughters can drag me into e-mail, they know they can drag me into Blogging, too) I'll even add photos, once I figure out how to add them. Then, I'll be cooking with gas.  --Here's to another adventure in the new world of technology. 

5 comments:

  1. Mom, You are the coolest grandma for having a blog. Joshua will have the blog to read when he gets older and be able to know what his grandam is doing.

    Love you,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim's right mom, you are the coolest grandma ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that neat information about walking on the moon (the watching TV part). I'm so glad you have a blog and like Tim said the grandkids are going to love reading it. That means you can't swear! Not that you would.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are totally awesome and we can learn new things about you that we don't even know, which is what I'm excited for!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete