Sunday, March 8, 2009

Grandma and Games

A week ago grandpa and I journeyed over hill and dale by plane and car to Spanish Fork, Utah for a very joyful occasion. Our 8 year old grandson, Cole Hansen, was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

This was a solemn (most of the time) experience for Cole. He did lapse a few times and some funny faces appeared. He can show so many expressions with his face. We noticed Alexis and Meagan did also the weekend they were baptized last year. I think it is the age. It was also a very fun time for me as their grandma. We had Suzanne's children, and our Michael and Jennifer also visiting. I had seven of our grandchildren to play with.


One evening I found myself playing scrabble with Clayton, Ellen, and Alexis. It was a fun game, but we all got tired of it before anyone won. The joy of just playing a game together was enough. I'm more determined to play games with my grandchildren when I'm visiting now. Usually I find myself reading books to them. Now their ages requires games and such. I've got to learn words bigger than 3 letters if we keep playing scrabble!! Family (grandchildren especially) are the most important thing when you reach a grandparent's age. They are a gift from Heavenly Father. If they read this blog many years from now, I want them to know how much they are loved by their grandpa and grandma McLean.

No comments:

Post a Comment