Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Love Cookies


I've not found many cookies I don't love. Maybe only one or two. This week we had an activity making sour cream cookies. I thought,no biggie, I'll go to see what I can learn new. I've made sugar cookies lots of times. Oh, my goodness. The cookies were called "SOUR CREAM COOKIES" and they were so soft and moist and delicious. The sour cream really makes a difference. If you are looking for thin and a little dry cookie this isn't for you. This cookie is rolled thick. Here is the recipe: 

Sour Cream Cookies.
2 cups sugar creamed with 1 cup butter/margarine.
Add 2 eggs, 1 cup sour cream, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix well, scraping sides of bowl regularly. Add 5 cups flour in one cup increments and mix until smooth. Dough is very soft and sticky. Don't add more flour. Refrigerate until chilled or finish cookies immediately. Use plenty of flour under and on top of dough (to prevent sticking to counter and rolling pin) when rolling out. Roll out 1/4 to 1/2 inch and cut into shapes. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes, depending upon darkness of cookie pan. Oh, I almost forgot, use Mom's frosting recipe. You know, it's the best!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try this out. I've been looking for this type of recipe.

    ReplyDelete