Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Joy in the Journey

I just plain LOVE grandkids. I have hugged, kissed, squeezed, and tickled them. I have held them for that first greeting and counted each little toe. Yes--there are 10 little stubs. They are perfect!

>I have grandkids that are now teenagers. How did that happen so soon?? At times it feels like I have had grandchildren almost all my life. You can love them and hand them to their parents, when they start crying. You smile, love, and weep over them. Having given birth to seven children, I know of the pain and travail their mother's went through to bring these sweet and innocent babies to this earth. It is pure joy to see their eyes light up in recognition of grandma. They love being talked to. They have joined our eternal family. They have entered their journey of earth life.

We had two little sweethearts join our family last year. Charlotte Ann Bradley came July 2,2009 and Hattie Ce Ce Bake came October 26, 2009. I was able to be there after their births for a week or so. Each little one is so precious in their own right. And yes, I made sure, they each had 10 perfect little toes!

Charlotte is now six months old. She loves to watch her siblings and is perfecting (in her mind) how to run. I can see her saying: Run, run, as fast as you can. I'm going to catch you soon. Her brother and sister love her. Chas. has to come over to her and give her a kiss when ever he is near.

Hattie is 2 months now. She is busy being loved by her siblings, also. Her 2 sisters love to hold and feed her a bottle, especially in the mornings.

These two little girls are going to be bosom cousins forever. They loved being around each other before birth, and this feeling will only magnify as they grow. How wonderful to have cousins to grow up with so close.

Children are an heritage to the Lord. Grandchildren are an heritage and joy to their grandparents. We do love each of our grandchildren and wish we could visit them more often.

5 comments:

  1. What cute pics of two cute little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Grandma you are!! We LOVE having you come and help after a baby!! I do wish I was up to more PLAY then recover time!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I wish I would have taken more advantage of living close when we did, but then again, you had quite a few teenagers in the house to keep you busy. I do miss our morning walks fiercely, still. It's only been 12 years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I was up to play more too after a baby comes but that isn't likely for me. I love the photos. It's nice to see that once Charlotte was just tiny as can be. I do think she is watching & just waiting for the day she can run with them.

    ReplyDelete