Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthdays are suppose to be fun, no matter what your age! Jeni has a January birthday and I wanted to do something different. I had an idea. I started a little quilt last year and had not finished it yet. It had been put aside for many other pursuits. Now was the time to strike. I fished it out of my many UFP. I still liked what I had done. So, I added a border and finished it!


A little late for the big day, but it was sent and I was happy. I call it Butterflies in the Mountains. In the quilt there are Butterflies in the Colorado mountains (triangles) in the corners. I love the flowers in the middle. Flowers always make me happy. Colorado has lots of spring flowers. Such a fun quilt to make.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENI!

5 comments:

  1. That turned out great mom!! You always do a WONDERFUL job on your quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I LOVE it! Thanks so much Mom! It's hanging in our living room right now. It's a very cheery thing to look at when there's snow on the ground outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty quilt! Spring flowers and butterflies sound fantastic right about now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a beautiful quilt. It also looks like a pretty one too. I agree with Lonita, it's perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete