Sunday, February 21, 2010

We Love Aprons


Grandpa and I have loved reading about all the fun the grandkids are having with their new aprons. My mom, grandma Longcor, wore an apron to cook dinner every night. I really didn't use an apron much till the last few years. It always seemed too much trouble to put one on. Even now, I don't use my apron very often. But, when I do, it is fun. I made an apron with roosters on a yellow background. You know, I love roosters, so it's just fun.


Grandpa has a UNLV apron. He likes to wear his, also. So, this afternoon grandpa and I used our aprons to make some cupcakes. We had fun, just like your kids did. Bon Appetit. Who doesn't like to make cupcakes or cookies wearing an apron.

7 comments:

  1. How fun! I made cupcakes yesterday. I hope they were as good as yours. Where did you get your cute cupcake liners?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what exactly is the rolling pin for Dad? Just trying to be as cool as mom again? Whoops! Try again later! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics! I wondered about the rolling pin, too, Jeni. I thought maybe it was for the same reason I give a spatula to JJ while I bake - in an attempt to keep him out of what I'm making.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like Mom if you make a wrong move Dad's going to attack you. Did he know rolling pins aren't necessary for cup cakes?? Or was he trying to mimic the cuteness of my two little crazy kids? By the way I love the aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, Lonita is right on target. It's just like JJ's spatula. It keeps me out of trouble and remember, "Watching is helping!" That's what Mom keeps telling me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the aprons! Can I get one!? Also, David just said that this "Watching is helping" is so not true and it gets him into more trouble then not. I also made yummy oreo cheesecake cupcakes on Sunday. They were so yummy!

    ReplyDelete